I set up this site to provide straightforward information on the implementation and operation of solid offshore asset protection plans. This site will provide you training videos outlining the key asset protection rules. It you are an existing asset protection client many of the videos will remind you of things we have discussed. If you are not a client the videos will still be valuable and may even keep you from making a serious mistake.
I make a big effort to debunk the many myths and misinformation on the net about how offshore asset protection works.
This site is not meant to be a Do It Yourself video handbook. It also is not designed to force you to hire me to implement some “secret” trust system. That is all bunk. The rules are straightforward. What I say applies to any plan in any country whether or not it is done by me or any other person. Much of it is common sense. When you learn my asset protection rules or watch a video on the tax aspects of asset protection planning the information is just as relevant no matter who is doing your planning. In fact, watch these videos (which are all free) no matter what you are doing and who is doing it.
This site is filled with key information. The best place to start is a video, which I call “The Perfect Asset Protection Plan Explained in 10 Minutes.”
Do that even if you have done ten plans and think you know everything
Now, do some wandering around this site.
You will see lots of videos on the key entities good planners often use or consider using with all asset protection plans, namely:
1) an offshore asset protection trust,
2) an offshore or onshore limited liability company; and,
3) an onshore (US based) family limited partnership.
These videos are all done by faculty members with significant skill, training and experience.
I not only debunk the many myths regarding asset protection I make it easy to understand the key aspects common to all plans. There is good and useful information on most aspects of asset protection. For example:
- The purpose and use of every key entity (these are Trusts, Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies) is explained in detail.
- There are a series of videos and webinars, which go into detail about the tax consequences and reporting requirements for offshore asset protection plans. These videos demonstrate that a solid plan is tax neutral and explain why.
- There is a video, which explains in straightforward language why domestic asset protection trusts are never a good idea as long as the Full Faith and Credit Clause remains the law of the land.
- There are videos showing you in detail how you can remain in control of your assets and still keep them protected. Remember: never trust anybody with your hard earned assets. My videos will show you how to achieve this result.
- Domestic asset protection issues are also covered in detail with particular focus on the use of domestic entities.
- I also have some simple and somewhat rigid rules that I explain. Examples are:
1) trust nobody.
2) never give up control of your assets.
3) run if your planner promises a plan will save you taxes; and,
4) run if your planner says bank secrecy works.
I have some good eBooks on asset protection planning and a good faculty. Every month there is new material added and this will help you.
The only requirement to get this information is to opt in to receive my intermittent newsletter that will keep you up to date on key asset protection issues. I promise you that you will not be battered to death by emails trying to sell you anything. From this day on I have committed to all of my internet audience that there will be no more selling or special offers or anything like that.
All you will get here is good solid information on asset protection all of which is understandable by normal people.
Please enjoy the information and let me know what you think.
J.D., LL.M. (international taxation), LL.M. (international asset protection)